Elizabeth Thirsk, BSc, RD
I’m Elizabeth, and as an experienced Registered Dietitian with Fraser Health for the past 25 years, I’ve supported thousands of clients improve their energy, health, and wellness through better nutrition practices. Although Diabetes and Eating Disorders have been a large focus of my career, I have experience working with a broad range of clients of all ages with a variety of medical /health conditions.
I completed my BSc. (Dietetics) at UBC and my dietetic internship at the University of Alberta Hospital, but I’ve lived most of my life right here in Port Coquitlam! I love the outdoor recreation this city offers, and you’ll frequently find me cycling the Poco Trail, running along the river valley, or hiking one of the local mountains. Because of my passionate belief that our health is strongly connected to our nutrition and exercise habits, I practice what I preach in my own lifestyle, and strive to achieve balance between work and play.
I would love to collaborate with you to identify your needs, and partner together to set goals, and support you in reaching optimal health and wellness. If you would like to know more about nutrition counseling or have any other questions, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My areas of focus
- Meal planning for optimal energy, wellness, and weight management
- Eating disorders – AN, BN, BED
- Diabetes management
- Heart-related conditions (cholesterol, blood pressure)
- GI conditions (IBS, IBD, diverticulitis)
Who I work with
All ages, as nutrition is key at all stages of life
- Tuesday morning
- Wednesday afternoon/evening
- Saturday afternoon
Interesting facts about me
- Hiking the West Coast Trail was my “happiest place on earth”.
- I love long-distance running and have completed numerous half marathons and one full marathon
- I have 3 teenagers and an International student from Switzerland, so there’s never a dull moment in my family!