Clarissa has an friendly, open, enthusiastic, and approachable way of motivating and working with clients which has been cultivated through her experience in Bowen Therapy and Medical Allied Health Professional careers.
As a Certified Bowen Health Therapist, she enjoys helping clients reduce stress, improve their quality of life, rebalance misalignments and reclaim their lives. She has expanded her knowledge base over the past 6 years in Bowen Therapy with the mentorship from the below incredible teachers:
- Certification and Advanced training Dr. Manon Bolliger – Bowen College – Feb 2018 – Present
- Ron Phelan – Assessment, Advanced TMJ, and Hormonal Balance the Bowen Way – September 2018
- Alastair McLoughlin – The Art of Bowen and Scar Release – October 2018
- Gus de laQuerra – Lymphatic Bowen – June 2021
- Attended the first every ‘Out Reach 2021’ International Bowen Conference – Aug 2021
- A BoB Membership with Business of Bowen – Aug 2021
- MSTR Practitioner – Instructor Lisa Waugh – Aug 2021
- Kelly Clancy – Tensegrity Medicine Level 1 – Annual Membership Nov 2021 – 2022
As a Certified Clinical Exercise Physiologist from American College of Sports Medicine she enjoyed helping people who have sustained a life-threatening event regain the confidence in their bodies to reclaim their life’s and daily routines in Cardiac Rehab for 8 years.
She graduated from Simon Fraser University with a Master’s of Science in Chronic Disease Management with an emphasis on ‘Healthy Aging’ from the Department of Biomedical, Physiology and Kinesiology. Previously, she achieved a Bachelor’s of Science in Exercise Science/Human Kinetics and minor in Community Health from Eastern Washington University.
Her journey started while working at Providence Services Hospital in both inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation, primarily working in aquatic therapy alongside physiotherapist and occupational therapist. This experience has been the foundation to over a decade of active rehabilitation and kinesiology. My background:
- Certified Bowen Health Therapist – Bowen College
- MSTR® Practitioner – McLoughlin Scar Release Technique
- Master Practitioner NLP, TimeLine Therapy(R), Hypnotherapy and Coach
- Clinical Exercise Physiologist – American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM)
- Registered Clinical Exercise Physiologist – Clinical Exercise Physiologist Association
- Certified Cardiac Rehabilitation Professional (CCRP) – American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR)
- Exercise is Medicine – Level 3